12/19/15

Happy Holidays?

   The theology or ideology of Christmas is a good thing for a lot of people.   I like some things about it too.   You can always read about some of those things that I have mentioned briefly Here. [1] A few things also annoy me about the “Happy Holidays”.   We survive being merry on many other occasions that occur on each year’s calendar.   As I mentioned, there are still annoying things for me and they aren’t Christmas-exclusively.
   If you have your home professionally Christmas decorated to insure that they end up perfect? Another guy in an ad put up his own lights that said, “Marry Me?”.   Oh, and, he also had a new car for his fiancée.
Ugh…
   I went to a movie made by George Lucas called THX1138 in 1971.   In its lobby a group of people were trying to sell something called CableTV[2].   You could get movies and numerous special channels and absolutely no commercials.   There was also something about how much this entertainment would cost you.   “Almost nothing” they said.   I told my friends, “They’d never sell this.”
   Let’s go back to where I started this.   I don’t wonder why some get drunk while they’re welcoming the new year following “Merry Holidays”!

As you know, what follows is just the tip of our iceberg.   For those who don't care about any of this, Merry Christmas anyway.

No XMAS ads with Polar Bears Since 1970 Santa drinks Coke too fiancées Christmas

Mele Kalikimaka na makamaka


Refs

No comments:

Post a Comment